< Back to booking
PRICE INCREASE JULY 1ST 2020
Dearest Base Coat Community,
As we continue reopening our salons after being closed for a few months due to Covid-19, we’ve come to the realization that our business is not the same as it was three months ago. We’re excited to be back in our spaces working with clients again, but we are also facing a few new challenges.
Due to social distancing guidelines being required by local health departments to keep our guests and employees safe, each of our salons can only operate at 50% capacity. Supplies such as disinfectants, gloves, masks have all increased cost due to heightened demand.
With no way around this new reality, we will be raising the price of our services for the first time in 7 years on July 1st 2020. This small increase will allow us to continue providing the quality service and experience you’ve come to expect from Base Coat while also providing our amazing and hardworking team a living wage we pride ourselves on.
We thank you for your understanding of our need to implement this price increase and we look forward to serving you with beautiful nails for years to come!
FLAGSHIP REOPENING UPDATE
We have decided as an extra precautionary measure to extend our closure dates for all our flagship location in California are closed until further notice in an effort to stop the spread of novel coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19), and protect and preserve the public health. Please understand the reopen date may change if the state shelter at home date extends or we as a company still feel it is still not safe to reopen. We unfortunatley do not have a reopen date for our Nordstrom locations at this time.
We have sadly closed our DTLA Los Angeles, CA location permanently on June 1st 2020. Our amazing DTLA team will be relocated to our Fairfax location when it is safe to reopen again.
Colorado flagship locations are NOW OPEN!
We at Base Coat Nail Salon will follow all new extremely strict protocols to ensure the safety of our team, you, our incredible clients and our community.
We know getting your nail services is a luxury, and some of these new changes may reduce that, but if we work together, things will get back to normal sooner rather than later and you will be able to once again receive the full Base Coat experience you’ve grown to love.
When booking an appointment at Base Coat, you are agreeing and will be held financially accountable to all of our salon policies including full payment for services received or not received. In an effort to make sure our staff receives a full day's wage, we have a strict 12-hour cancellation policy. No shows and short notice cancellations will occur a full charge to guarantee nail artists get paid for their time. We thank you in advance for understanding and greatly appreciate your support in advancing our mission to provide a living wage for our staff.
Outlined below are the guidelines that our guests must follow until further notice.
Please note that the following is subject to change at any time, and we will update our social media channels with the latest information as it continues to evolve.
BASE COAT NAIL SALON COVID-19 GUEST 2020 GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW OUR HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS, WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE WITH NO REFUND.
- We strongly advise immunocompromised, at risk and vulnerable humans including pregnant and nursing mothers to really consider your risks before scheduling your appointment and highly suggest you do not schedule a non-essential personal service to reduce your exposure to Covid-19 and any other major health related illnesses and injuries during this crucial time.
- If you have traveled or traveling from out-of-state, traveled outside or the U.S.A. or have been around someone sick in the last 7 days we require you to cancel or reschedule your appointment, failure to do so, we have the right to refuse service with NO REFUND so that we can maintain a safe salon environment for all.
- If you can not wear a mask for longer than 15 minutes due to any health related reasons we urge you to not schedule an appointment at this time. Your mask must be cover your nose and mouth fully during your entire service, if it is taken off during your service, the nail artist will stop the service immediately and ask you to leave the premises with no refund.
- While we are taking extra precautions to maintain a clean and safe environment, by booking an appointment you acknowledge that you’ve read our guidelines and are comfortable with the risks associated booking a non-essential personal service during this time of transition and you will not hold BASE COAT NAIL SALON and ANY EMPLOYEES liable for any injury, illness or health conditions that arises from application of non-essential personal services.
Please bring your face masks, or we have the right to refuse service with NO REFUND. *Mask will be available for purchase.
If you arrive at your appointment showing any visible respiratory symptoms of illness even while wearing a face mask. For example, cough, fever, shortness of breath we have the right to refuse service with NO REFUND. A fever is defined as a temperature of 100.4 or above.
- Guests please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment and no later.
- All Guests will have mandatory symptom screenings and sign a liability release form before entering any Base Coat Nail Salon location as additional health and safety precautions.
- It is also mandatory for all our nail artists and front desk hospitality team to wear a face mask and gloves at all times while inside and performing services.
We are following all Covid-19 Health and Safety regulations and guidelines from the CDC and OSHA.
- Our salons are properly cleaned, sanitized, disinfected before the start, in-between every single client, and at the closing of each day using only hospital grade disinfectants and we are strictly following all California and Colorado Board of Barbering and Cosmetology and local state health departments procedures.
- The reception and lounge areas are closed.
We no longer will be using nail polish fan dryers or will be able to have guests dry their nails inside the salon. Guests must leave the salon immediately after their service, due to the limit of guests we can have inside the salon to practice social distancing requirements.
- We ask that you wait outside or in your car until our front desk staff or nail artist comes and gets you, call or text you when we are ready for you, have your phone ready. Please note our front entry doors will be locked to limit access of people entering any of our Base Coat Nail Salon flagship locations.
- We will continue to be by appointment only and will not accept any walk- ins.
- When you arrive please use the restroom right away to minimize continued exposure to high touch areas.
- Upon arrival all guests must use hand sanitizer provided by Base Coat Nail Salon outside before entering our salon and once entering guests must properly wash hands for 20 seconds before the start of their service.
- Please wear shoes that are easy to take on and off for pedicure services.
- Please leave ALL personal items in your car trunk other than keys, cell phone, any emergency items, inhalers or epi-pens. We will not allow anyone to place your personal belongings on any surface within the salons to minimize spread of contamination.
- No personal electronic devices and laptops are allowed during your service.
- We will not have any more than 10 people in the salon at one time until further notice.
- All workstations will be at least 6 feet apart.
For extra safety precautions for both of our nail artists and front desk hospitality staff we will have Acrylic Safety Protection Guard partitions for Social Distancing Safety.
- Disposable pedicure liners for all pedicure services to ensure safety between guests.
Each station will be thoroughly sanitized after each client. We have allotted 15 minutes cleaning time in between clients to ensure everything is above and beyond sanitation and disinfection requirements for manicure implements and all high touch surfaces.
- We no longer will be serving complimentary water, tea and wine to reduce health risks to our staff until further notice. Please come very hydrated before your appointment.
- Please do not bring any outside food or drinks. We will offer tea and water TO-GO only.
All our nail artists, front desk support, and senior team are all BARBICIDE certified. Certificates available upon request via email.
- Only the person with the appointment is allowed in the salon, no kiddos, babies, friends, pets or extra people are allowed in at this time.
We will no longer be offering magazines, blankets or samples of our Base Coat products and no longer offering our REFILL program at this time due to contamination concerns.
- After your service, guests are to check out and leave immediately so we can properly clean, disinfect and sanitize for our next guests. The waiting area/lounge is closed at this time. We ask all guests to call or schedule online for their next appointment.
- We ask our guests to not touch our nail polishes, nail swatches and retail products. Please ask your nail artists or our front desk hospitality staff for assistance.
- We’re committed to creating a safe and clean salon environment. Please do not bring in your own nail polish or manicure implements.
- We are no longer booking any large parties of 3 or more people.
- We are no longer offering same time services.
We require a credit card to secure all appointments and your card will be pre-authorized with no exceptions. This same credit card must be used at check out for contactless payment.
As a further precaution, we will no longer accept cash as a payment method, nor for gratuity. This is in order to protect not only our staff and the families they go home to--but you and yours as well. According to the World Health Organization, cash could be contributing to the spread of coronavirus, and contactless payments are strongly advised as an alternative. We will be accepting both credit/debit card, and Venmo for gratuity, though Venmo is the preferred method.
Because of the new strict guidelines we have put in place, we must follow, any appointment you currently have is subject to change. Each nail artist is working a limited schedule to accommodate these changes, so please be patient with us as your appointment may change. Additionally, each nail artist is adjusting their schedules to allow 20 minutes additional time to disinfect between clients thoroughly.
If you are experiencing any signs of illness, have been exposed to COVID-19, or are experiencing a fever, cough, or trouble breathing, please stay home and reschedule your appointment for at least 14 days later to ensure you are symptom-free. We are continuing to waive our cancellation fees during this time with at least 12 hours notice. Our strict cancellation policy for No Shows still applies and you will be charged in full. If you are uncomfortable with any of the guidelines outlined above, please notify us immediately at email@example.com and we will reschedule your appointment for when we can fully reopen.
We encourage our friends everywhere to take the extra precautions necessary to safeguard their health and that of others. It is everyone’s responsibility to help stop the spread of this virus, and protect those most vulnerable in our communities. It’s a complicated situation, our plans may change, and if so we will let you know. Please know we are closely monitoring the situation and will follow recommendations from the CDC, WHO and NHS and urge you all to do the same.
You are still welcome to shop for your favorite Base Coat products for your at-home mani and pedi ritual or gift cards to use for future services. We will be offering Free Shipping for all online orders at basecoatnailsalon.com. If you have any questions or comments you can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will be happy to assist you. We apologize that over the next few weeks, there will be delays on orders and customer service requests.
Thank you for your understanding and patience. As we continue our daily lives in this changing reality, let’s work to protect and care for one another. We are all in this together!
As always, wishing you good health and wellness.
With love, Sarah Simon, Tran Wills and The Base Coat Family
< Back to booking